If you want better sound quality from your entertainment unit, then you need to add a home theater system. The truth is that even the best HD TVs are seriously lacking when it comes to speaker capability since they’ve become so slim over time. At the end of the day, they simply can’t deliver the clarity of voice in the softest whisper, or those deep, explosive lows that’ll bring your favorite action movies to life. The same goes for the full-range sound effects that only surround sound speakers can deliver.
Some of the best home theater speaker systems are considered "in the box" setups. All this means is that the manufacturer has taken the time to pre-package the essential equipment you really need. A good system will include a pair of floor-standing speakers or bookshelf speakers, a center channel speaker, two rear surround sound speakers and a subwoofer. This system set up is also known as a 5.1 system (five speakers and one subwoofer).
1 Sony 5.1 Channel Blu-ray Home Theater System with Bluetooth
The 3D Blu-ray Home Theater with Wi-Fi makes an ideal companion for your 3D television. It features a 1000W 5.1-channel surround sound speaker system with several advanced features. The system offers an HDMI 1.4 output to deliver high-definition video and audio over a single cable. Watch Blu-ray 3D movies and standard Blu-ray disc movies in full HD 1080p or upscale standard DVDs to near-HD quality.
- 1000W 5.1-Channel Home Theater System – Bring the movie theater experience home with the Full HD 1080p Blu-ray DiscTM player, vibrant 5.1 channel HD surround sound, and 1000 Watts of power to immerse you in sound
- 2D to 3D Conversion – Enjoy 3D Blu-ray disc movies in full HD 1080p and upscale standard DVDs to near-HD quality. The system is also capable of converting 2D Blu-ray discs and DVDs into 3D
- Access to the Sony Entertainment Network – This provides access to more than 100 streaming services including movies, TV shows and music from Netflix, YouTube, HuluPlus, Pandora, Amazon Instant Video and more. You can also access My Sports & Fitness apps designed for health and optimized for your TV
- Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio Sound Modes – Experience movies as the directors intended them to sound like with these two sound modes which reproduce high definition, discrete sound
- HDMI – This unit comes with a 6Ft CubeCable High Speed HDMI Cable for Superior Conductivity, HDMI is a digital connection that can transmit HD video and audio over a single cable
2 Yamaha YHT-4920UBL 5.1-Channel Home Theater in a Box System with Bluetooth
The YHT-4920UBL Home Theater System supports Bluetooth for wireless music playback, 4K Ultra HD video with HDCP 2.2 compatibility and a discrete 5.1-channel amplifier design. In addition YPAO automatically calibrates your listening environment for optimal sound performance. Included is a compact black gloss 5.1 channel speaker system with a powerful 8″ 100 W powered subwoofer.
- Bluetooth (SBC)
- 4K Ultra HD pass-through
- HDCP 2.2 (1 in / 1 out)
- Virtual CINEMA FRONT & Extra Bass
- 5-channel compact gloss black speaker package with 6 1/2″ 100 W powered subwoofer
3 Samsung HT-F5500W 3D Blu-Ray Home Theater System
Samsung’s smart, compact HT-F5500W home theater system comes loaded with possibilities. You can experience spectacular Blu-ray picture quality, complete with the engaging surround sound of a five-speaker system and subwoofer. You can also browse the web on your TV, play movies and music from popular online services, or listen to your favorite tunes from your iPod®, iPhone® or other Bluetooth® device.
- 5.1 Channel home theater with 3D Blu-ray Disc playback
- Access streaming content and the web with built-in Wi-Fi and Smart Hub
- Wireless rear speakers