Have you ever lost your precious data because of computer malfunction? Do not let the same thing happen again; backup your data regularly to external storage media such as flash disks, DVDs, or external hard drives. It is recommended to use an external hard drive for backup because in addition to greater capacity, data transfer speed is also faster than other media. Other than that; external hard drives are usually equipped with special software created to make backups on a scheduled basis and some are equipped with software that can protect your data from theft and unauthorized access.
1 WD My Passport Ultra 1TB
My Passport Ultra portable hard drive features WD SmartWare Pro backup software that lets you back up to the drive itself or use Dropbox to back up to the cloud. Move files quickly with the blazing speed of USB 3.0 connectivity. Keep your data private with password protection and hardware encryption.
- USB 3.0 connectivity
- Automatic and cloud backup
- Password protection and hardware encryption
- Works great with Windows 8
2 Seagate Backup Plus Slim 1TB
Back up your digital content anytime, anywhere with the Seagate Backup Plus Slim portable drive. Designed for easy portability the sleek metal design allows for the thinnest portable hard drive available with up to 2TB of capacity. Since the drive is powered solely by the USB cable, no bulky power supply is needed either. Share photos and videos directly to your social networks. Backup Plus Slim portable drive is the simple, one-click way to protect and share your entire digital life without getting in the way of the rest of your life.
- Metal design delivers the thinnest 2TB portable drive – Up to 42% thinner
- Easily back up your computer and content from mobile devices with free Mobile Backup App
- Apple Time Machine compatible.
- Transfers files quickly with USB 3.0 connectivity
- Use between PC and Mac computers without reformatting
3 Toshiba Canvio 1TB
If you want an easy way to hold your growing digital library–files, pictures, music and videos; Toshiba’s Canvio Basics 3.0 portable hard drives are a great solution, offering simple drag-and-drop storage that’s ready to roll right out of the box. It requires no external AC adapter and it’s Plug & Play compatible. Just connect it into the USB port of your PC and you’re good to go.
- USB 3.0-powered portable add-on storage.
- Easy to use with no software to install.
- Protects your drive (Internal Shock Sensor and Ramp Loading Technology).
- Gives you peace of mind with Toshiba’s 1-year Limited Warranty
- Plug and play operation.
4 Transcend StoreJet 25M3 1TB
Featuring blazing fast transfer rates, huge storage capacities and a unique three-layer shock protection system, the StoreJet 25M3 USB 3.0 portable hard drive is an ideal storage device for everyday backup, storage, and file transport.
- Military-Grade Shock Resistance – Designed to meet U.S. military drop test standards
- Advanced 3-stage shock protection system – Combines a rugged slip-resistant silicone outer shell, a reinforced hard casing, and an internal hard drive suspension damper.
- USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 connection options – Bandwidth up to 5Gb/s in USB 3.0 mode and 480 Mb/s in USB 2.0 mode
- OneTouch Backup
5 Silicon Power Rugged Armor A30 1TB
Featuring ultimate USB 3.0 fast transfer rate and shock-resistant silicone material, Armor A30 portable hard drive provides a full range of protection of your valuable data. Comprised of a shock-resistant silicone material from the internal structure to the exterior, Armor A30 is perfectly shielded to withstand crushes and shocks.
- Shockproof – Drop protection meets US Military (MIL-STD-810G) Standards
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 – High transferring rate up to 5Gb/sec
- Wrap-around Cable System – Brilliant USB 3.0 cable Storage Design
- Works with PCs and Macs – Share data and files between different platforms